Refugee Education Program
The Syrian Refugee Education program helps hundreds of Syrian children continue their education outside of Syria. Jusoor schools and summer programs provide refugee children educational experience and extracurricular activities that address their social challenges and improve their morale.
Support Syrian refugees and make a life changing impact on children volunteering in a truly meaningful and unique educational experience.
We’re looking for individuals who can commit between 6 to 24 weeks overseeing the education component of the program. Teaching English, Computer literacy, Mathematics, Sciences to a class of 15-20 refugees.
Pre-requisites and qualifications
- Teaching experience: candidates with past teaching experience are an advantage to our program
- Relevant coursework/experience: volunteers with academic or professional background in relevant fields such as education, economic development, business or psychology preferred.
- Arabic language: basic level of competency in spoken Arabic is an advantage to communicate comfortably with refugees.
The Syrian Refugee Education program is run on volunteer basis with limited resources. Volunteers will be responsible for funding travel and living expenses. Jusoor will make every effort to find subsidized housing in Lebanon to make the program affordable.
Apply to the program
If you are considering volunteering and are interested in learning more about the program, fill out our volunteer application form
. Jusoor will follow up with details.
Summer Volunteer Trip
Jusoor will be organizing a summer trip to the Refugee Education Center for volunteers ages 16-22. For more information click the Summer Volunteer Trip Page.
Funding is needed to support various aspects of the program including paying for rent, transportation and meals for the students. There is no minimum amount and no small donation; it will make a difference in the daily lives of our children at the refugee center.
- A donation of $125 feeds the children in our school for one day.
- A donation of $250 will allow us to buy more teaching resources for our classrooms
- A donation of $500 covers the cost of busses transporting students to school for one week.
- A donation of $2,000 covers the operating costs of the school for a month.